LSFD recently placed in-service four new BLS fast cars to improve response during Peak Time operations. These vehicles are used to respond in advance of the Paramedic ambulance to insure our standard of cover for EMS emergencies. These vehicles are also staffed by some of our most senior paramedics that allows for EMS supervision of critical care patients .
LSFD crews, along with a few mutual aid companies, spent the past few days partaking in training at the newly finished training tower. The topic of training was thermal imaging cameras and fire dynamics. Crews entered the building and observed several different fire behavior patterns, as they appear through the lens of the thermal imaging cameras they carry.
Unit 1 spent some time today training with our Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) trailer. A Mass Casualty Incident has the potential to overwhelm first responders in a community or region due to the large size, which is why it is important to remain prepared for all types of emergencies.
The Loveland-Symmes Fire Department attended the annual Valentine's Lady Brunch on Friday. We unveiled new plans for Sweetheart Lane that will honor these extraordinary citizens from our community.
Captain Hawk presented plaques to the Symmes Township Trustees and the Loveland City Council this week. LSFD was recently recognized by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS) for completing all requirements for a full accreditation. This voluntary, independent review process is designed to help EMS agencies improve performance and efficiency while decreasing risk and liability. There are only 178 organizations in the nation to receive this designation and LSFD remains one of only five accredited organizations in the State of Ohio.
The Loveland-Symmes Fire Department along with, Blue Ash, Deerfield Township and Sharonville Fire Departments responded for smoke in the building at 12065 Montgomery Rd this morning. Northeast Communications received a Fire Alarm and multiple calls of smoke in the building, all employees and patients were evacuated safely and we found a malfunctioning HVAC unit to be the cause.